Monthly Favourites: January 2017


Wow! It's been a whole year since I last did a favourites blog post! I suppose that's thanks to the combination of a student budget preventing new indulgent purchases and a student midwife life preventing the chance to fail at treating myself or having me time. But this year I'm not only getting back on the blogging train, but I'm starting up those monthly favourites again. I'm making time for more ''me'' time and I'm going to share with you all the things I've been loving.


___________________________________________________________________________

NIVEA IRRESISTABLY SMOOTH BODY LOTION
___________________________________________________________________________

So in prep for my birthday party this weekend where I actually have to get my legs out, I've been on the body lotion bandwagon trying to make my legs look like anything other than two pale twigs, I've rushed out to get a new body lotion. I'm a massive fan of the Soap and Glory Body Butter, but find that applying it all over me every day was a) getting through a lot when it's quite pricey and b) making my skin feel quite claggy. It's a very thick formula so just wasn't working for me all the time. So I hit the shops to find a lotion that was creamier and softer. This was on offer so I thought I'd give it a try. At first I was unsure as it left my skin feeling quite wet - but when I carried on working it in it really went onto my skin well. It didn't leave much residue and it left my skin feeling super soft. I apply a small about at a time and work it in then add more as I go. The bottle is going to last a really long time I think so this is something I will definitely be carrying on using.


___________________________________________________________________________

SLEEK TRUE COLOUR LIPSTICK - VAMP
___________________________________________________________________________

This was a new purchase around Christmas time and I've been getting a lot of wear out of it. The name 'vamp' makes it sound a lot more Dracula than it looks when it's on the lips. It's very creamy and the colour can be built up gradually. The formula isn't drying on your lips at all and it has pretty good staying power. I would say eating in this lipstick isn't the best because it does wear off with food, but with drink it's stays put well. I always take my lipstick with me for a top up application and would say that sometimes this needs it. I'm going to do a full blog post on it next month so keep your eyes peeled for that.




___________________________________________________________________________

THE M&S EMBROIDED MOM JEANS
___________________________________________________________________________

I have been wearing and wearing and wearing these all the time. At first I was unsure about the pattern but it has really grown on me and I've been loving it. It makes them a bit different and a bit quirky. I hadn't jumped on the mom jean bandwagon when they became a thing but now I've tried them I wouldn't go back. They are so comfy. And you can style them up or down for any occasion. I often wear them with high neck ribbed tops or a cropped jumper. Theses ones in particular were a bargain in the M&S sale so I doubt they'll be available but if you're thinking of purchasing a pair of embroided mom jeans and wondering if you're cool enough to pull it off...go for it! I didn't think I was cool enough but I'm loving then!


___________________________________________________________________________

VITAMIN WATER
___________________________________________________________________________

I wouldn't say this is a very money friendly favourite - vitamin waters are a bit pricey considering they are just water with vitamins. But when I saw them on offer a few weeks ago I stocked up and I have been loving them this month. They are so tasty - I'm yet to find a flavour I don't like.



What have you been loving this month? Leave me a comment and let me know!
See you next week!
Hannah x

No comments