My 100 Things | #33 Go for Afternoon Tea

 
This is something I have been really looking forward to. I'm a granny, hidden in a nineteen year olds body, and the thought of spending an afternoon drinking coffee and eating cake just fills me with excitement. I'd been trying to come up with something a bit different to do for my birthday, and after drawing a blank for quite a while, I thought I'd take to my '100 things' list to find some inspiration. I stumbled across #33 Go for Afternoon Tea, and thought this would be the perfect opportunity to do it. I looked around a booked an afternoon out. Here's what happened...

We went to The Earl of Doncaster Hotel in Doncaster (surprisingly!), which is about 20 minutes up the road from us, and had the classic afternoon tea option. There were sandwiches (without crusts!), mini cakes, and scones with clotted cream and jam - very posh!
 
Take a look at some of the cakes...
 
 
 
But, better than the creamy chocolate Ã‰clairs, and endless pots of clotted cream, were the company I was spending my birthday with. *Prepare for a couple of soppy sentences* I honestly love my girlfriends so much. They don't have any idea how great they are, and have the ability to make a dark day a whole lot brighter. With us all being spread around the country we don't have the chance to get together that much, and I appreciate them all making the effort to come home so much. I know they'll probably be reading this at some point, so thank you girls, you're very fantastic and I had a very lovely birthday.
 
 
 
 
So, that's another thing ticked off my list. Afternoon Tea - Check!
 
See you on Sunday for another post!
 
 
 


No comments