My 100 Things | #9 Make Meringue

 
Earlier on today, I posted the Recipe I had created for a Berry Pavlova. As an extra little bonus post, I thought I'd explain how I got around to making the meringue in the first place...
 
I have no idea how old I was when this happened, but I remember baking something that only required egg yolks. Anyway, I was left with some egg whites and thought if I just whisked them together and chucked a load of sugar in I would create something incredible. I baked them on a pretty high heat, for only a few minutes, and I when I took them out of the oven I was left with a collapsed pile of mush. It was pretty unsuccessful.

Ever since, I've stayed far away from making meringues again, and made myself think they'd be really tricky.

So, when the idea of my list came around, and I started to add my ideas, I thought I would set myself the challenge of making Meringue.

My attempts have actually gone really well and I've even been able to adapt recipe's and create my own. Here's a few pictures...
 


 
Anyway, that's something else ticked off my list. The entire list is here if you want to see how it's going.


P.S Sorry this post is quite short, but there wasn't much to say....oh and it is an extra post! I'm just so kind...two posts in one day!

No comments