Monthly Favourites | June 2015


I won't lie, usually I'm trying to condense things I've been loving in a month to just a few of my favourites - well, this month has really not been like that! I've only got four things to talk about this month, but trust me, they're good.


Firstly I'll start with a beauty favourite, a nail favourite in fact. It's the Ciate Pocket Money Polish. It's the perfect nude and I've been wearing it most of the month. It goes with everything so you never have to have the last minute panic of outfit change and clashing nails. I loved this polish so much I dedicated an entire blog post to it - it really is brilliant and I would completely recommend it. I think it would be ideal if you worked somewhere where you could wear nail polish but it had to be neutral because this colour is very natural.



Next favourite, is a hair product. Since having short hair I've found that it always looks better when it's got a bit of volume to it, and a bit of texture. I feel like this gives it a bit more life and kind of more about it. The Schwarzkopf got2b Volumizing Styling Powder is really great. I just sprinkle a little bit into my palm and rub my hands together - it goes really cold. I then rub it into my hair and it gives it lift and grip. If you were really wanting to set your hair into a style you can sprinkle the powder straight onto your hair to give it that extra oomph! I bought this for a couple of pounds when it was on offer in Boots but even at full price it's still a great buy.


Now to fashion, and triangle necklaces are my thing right now! I'm wearing them most days. I picked up these two from Primark for £1 each and they have been fantastic value for money. It is very likely I will go pick up some more. My only issue is that the more I'm wearing them, the more the gold colour is wearing away on the chain and revealing the silver underneath. I don't have a massive issue with it, because they were only £1, but it's a little annoying.


My final favourite is incense sticks. For those of you who don't know, they are kind of along the same line as a candle except they are little sticks, in a smelly water, in a pot that you put in a room to give it a smell. Anyway, I've been loving these that I've got at the moment from Avon of all places. They were a very late birthday present (my friend had an issue with a delivery man!) so I don't think the exact ones will be available anymore, but they sell them everywhere and they aren't all that expensive.

A question though - when the sweet smelling water runs out in my pot, do I have to replace the sticks as well, because I like these ones with the little heart so it would be a shame to have to change the scent and the sticks....any advice? Thank you, See you next time!

No comments