The Make Up Bag... Girls Staycation


Last Weekend I took a trip to Blackpool on the North West Coast of England with my closest friends. It is a place that is known for being cold and rainy nearly all the time, so the clothing I took did not reflect the fact it was August - anyway, from a Make Up point of view I took my general everyday make up, very relaxed, and then my new Naked 2 palette for some dramatic eyes on the night out.



I was conscious of packing lightly as I was only taking a small travel case so didn't want half of it to be filled with make up, therefore I made sure everything (except the naked palette) fit into my Ted Baker make up bag, it's available for £8 from Boots.

 
For my base I went with my trusted Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude Foundation and Lasting Finish concealer. The two of these together give good coverage and a brightening effect so would be good for the days after those late nights. I took the Clear Complexion powder from Rimmel - this is really good for making the skin more matt without caking it up. I then took the Collection Bronze Glow Bronzer to make it look like Blackpool was sunnier than it was. I also took the Natural Collection Sweet Cheeks Blusher but didn't really use it because that fresh sea air made my cheeks rosy enough.
 

 
 
I wanted to wear my contact lenses quite a lot over the weekend - there's nothing worse than rain drops all over you're glasses. When I wear contacts I like my brows to be a bit darker than usual, and my lashes to be very open. The combination of the Seventeen Brow's That Brow Kit and No7 Lovely Lashes Mascara worked perfectly for the everyday.
 
 
Having recently received the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette from my friends, there was no doubt I'd be taking it with me. This was perfect for the night out. I used it to do all my friends make up looks and considering they were all pretty fussy in there requests it didn't disappoint in delivering a variety of looks.
 
See you next time! 
 
 

No comments