This is the ultimate indulgence pudding. Its full of cream and all round loveliness – not suitable if you’re on a diet, but we all deserve a treat now and then don’t we?Anyway, the finished product looks a bit like this (messy I know, but that adds to its charm) so if you fancy making it, carry on reading…
You will need:
300ml Whipping Cream
300g Tinned Strawberries (commonly the equivalent of 2 tins)
150ml Tinned Strawberry Juice
200g Sponge Fingers
A large mould, tin or bowl
What to do:
2) Dip the sponge fingers in the strawberry juice and then line the sides and bottom of the mould. The mould I use, is my Mum’s that she has owned for years (when I asked how long she said before she got married, so over twenty years – I’m pretty sure she should buy a new one! *Christmas present alert*). We’ve only ever use this for this pudding but you could easily use something else but you may need more Sponge fingers.
(By the way - I know it's October but I couldn't find any other bottom so a Christmas Tree it is!)
3) Whip the cream to be a thick consistency so it holds its own shape.
4) Layer the cream and strawberries inside the sponge fingers
5) Dip a further amount of the sponge fingers and cover the top – it’ll look pretty messy but no-one will see this bit!
6) Pour the strawberry juice over the top.
|(It definitely looks messy but this ends up being the bottom so nobody will see it)|
Our mould has a lid so at this point I rotate the pudding so that the juice spreads evenly. If you’re using a bowl or tin I suppose you could just place a plate on the bottom to do this. I’ll rotate the pudding a few times over an hour or so.
Finally, remove from the mould, eat and enjoy!
You can taste the calories when you eat it but WHO CARES?!