Going back through my Instagram

I've been taking a look back through my Instagram and found some great photos that bring back some great memories so thought I'd share a few with you.

Here are my Top 10 Favourite Instagram pictures of mine:

NUMBER 10:

This most probably looks like the worst photo in the world and you might be wondering why it even made it to Instagram, let alone into my top ten. I didn't take it, my friend did, and he guessed my phone password and uploaded it to Instagram without me knowing. He was really irritating me that day and by this point I'd given up trying to argue with him. This was in the middle of exams and we were revising like crazy and sometimes we just lost the plot and needed a laugh. This picture caused a lot of laughter so even though it's really rubbish it's made it into my top 5 because I laugh everytime I look at it, and moments like this kept me sane during exams.


NUMBER 9:
L - R: Abi, Bridie, Robyn, Alex, Me and Alice
The Girls! I have hardly any pictures of all six of us together so this is a very treasured one. We'd just been for a meal out before our exams began - you can tell it was taken before exams because we're all smiling! We put a camera on timer, balanced it on top of a bench, and stood against a very glmaourous shop shutter door - this kind of adds to the spontaneity of it! Now the girls are at Uni or have busy jobs, this may be the last group photo for a while so it's a much loved favourite of mine!


NUMBER 8:

I probably took 20 selfies before I decided this one was good enough to make it too Instagram - and now the internet! I don't often have straight hair so took a picture of the rare event. I have naturally curly hair and the effort and time it takes too straighten it means a lot of the time I just can't be bothered even though I really like it when I do. Actually though that isn't the reason this picture is in my top ten. It's because my eyes just look so blue. They never look this bright! I was about to go to a summer party and I feel like I'm smiling through my eyes!


NUMBER 7:
 
This picture was taken in February when me and my best friend went on a little trip to London. It was my 18th this year and there was nothing I wanted so Mum and Dad said they'd treat me and Robyn to a little trip to London Town. The weather in this picture looks miserable and it was a little bit but it was dry and in February in England that's all you can ask for. I love this picture for the scenery - a little lake, Buckingham Palace in the background, the queen waving out the window (ok, I made that bit up!) but we had a great weekend and this is one of the typical tourist pictures I took!
 
 
NUMBER 6:
 
Ice Skating. I love it! It's a complete release for me and is about the only sporty thing I do or hobby I have so when I didn't skate for months during my exams I really missed it. I can't wait to get back on the ice soon! If you've never tried it - give it a go, it's such a laugh.
 
 
NUMBER 5:
 
Coming in at the half way mark is this picture from New Years Eve 2013. Robyn and me had a pretty quiet night at hers and didn't get drunk or go mad but we still had a great night. It's as memorable for me as some of the craziest nights I've ever had and taught me that if the company is good, you don't have to go out to have a great time. We were very sophisticated - drank champagne, watched the London fireworks on TV and ate canapés (posh snacks).
 
 
NUMBER 4:

Earlier this year, myself and three friends made the decision to get up ridiculously early (about 4am!) and I drove us to Manchester to queue for the One Direction Where We Are Stadium concert. Some would say we are completely foolish to do it and yes, most probably we are but we did it anyway! We queued from about 7am until they let us in at something like 6pm. Luckily, it was nice weather - I was so tired I think rain would have just tipped me over the edge. Once we were in there though I was cooking - and it was very squashed. However, all our waiting had paid off because we were really near the front. The first couple of rows were VIP's but we were right behind them. We'd also been queuing next to this girl and her mum all day, and her mum completely looked after us all making sure we were all feeling ok and handing out her water - she was really cute! Anyway, these aren't the best quality photos I've ever taken because I was too busy jumping about, generally fangirling, and claiming that everytime they looked in my direction they were specifically looking at me (which I'm 99% confident Niall actually did - just saying) but who cares because we had a great time.


NUMBER 3:
 
I started giving blood when I turned 17 as soon as I was able to. I was utterly terrified the first time I went. The only thing that got me through it was knowing that I was doing a great thing and potentially saving lives. I took this picture the second time I went when I was a lot more relaxed, and wasn't worried about having no blood in me or bleeding out and being rushed to hospital. I gave it at every opportunity I could and loads of my friends donate. Unfortunately, since the stroke I'm unable to continue donating and in all honesty that is one of the worst consequences of having it. The stroke usually only affects my life, but not giving blood hasn't just affected me but it's affected the people that could have received my donation to help save their lives. So, if you're reading this and you're in the UK there will be a donation centre near you and appointments to donate really soon. So, go on, give blood and help save a life!
Click here for the NHS Give Blood website.


NUMBER  2:
 
 
Having a bad day? Not now you've seen this! I was having a bad day a few weeks ago so googled something like cute animals and this came up. How can this not make your day? This is a completely random picture to take second place in my top ten, but it's here because of the smile it puts on my face everytime I see it. If a picture puts a smile on your face it's got to be a good picture.
(All rights of this picture go to whoever was genius enough to take it, a piglet eating an ice cream - legend!)
 
 
NUMBER 1:
 
Taking the number one spot is me and my best friend Robyn on our recent holiday! We've been friends nearly 15 years and I honestly don't know what I'd do without her. We went away with our other friend Alice and all had a great time. I've got memories I'll never forget and stories I'll be able to laugh about for a very long time.
This picture is also my most recent Instagram picture as it was taken in the last couple of days of our holiday and the day after I got back I had the stroke haven't had chance to post a picture since.
 
 
So there's my top ten Instagram pictures. Going back through my Instagram I realised I've put up some utter rubbish - example: the back of the seat in front of me on the train! What was I thinking! Anyway, these are my favourite ten and there were many more I really liked (it started out as top five but I was just too indecisive).
 
Hope you enjoyed this post.
 
Hannah x
 
P.S Shameless plug - if you'd like to follow me on Instagram....I am @heythereitshan
 
 
 



1 comment

  1. I'm on the internet :) love this post xxx

    ReplyDelete