Review: The Body Shop Instablur

 
This is a product that has received a lot of hype. It's something The Body Shop has become well known for, and it's a fierce competitor in the primer arena! Do I think it lives up to the hype? Would I repurchase? Is it worth the money?
 

___________________________________________________________________________________
 
THE CLAIMS
___________________________________________________________________________________
 
TBS claim that this product 'blurs imperfections, gives 12hr shine control, reduces appearance of pores, is blemish hiding, complexion unifying, and make up extending'. Ok, what of that do I think are realistic claims? Well, it definitely hides imperfections, and reduces the appearance of pores. It smooths over blemishes, but I wouldn't say it necessarily hides them. I wouldn't say it evens out my complexion, but it does help my make up last longer, and does make it sit more smoothly on my skin.
 
___________________________________________________________________________________
 
THE PRICE
___________________________________________________________________________________
 
This product is available at £14 for 25ml. A little bit goes a long way, so I don't think it's something I'd have to repurchase a lot, however I still think the price is slightly high. I tried it out on the crease between my thumb and index finger instore first, so I would recommend doing this to see if it's texture and consistency is something you'd get along with.
 
____________________________________________________________________________________
 
THE PRODUCT
____________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
This product is very thick, and doesn't have a creamy consistency at all. It's a much drier product, however it doesn't dry my skin out at all. It sits on top of my skin, creating a smooth base for make up application, and it's very easy to blend out. It doesn't clog my pores and it's easily removed at the end of the day with my cleanser. This product would be suitable for anyone - any skin type, any skin tone.
 
I have this in the Universal Shade. It's designed to be used anywhere on your face. There is also an Instablur specifically designed to target fine lines and imperfections around the eyes, as well prime the eyes to make eyeshadow look brighter. This retails at £10 for 10ml.
 
Would I repurchase this? Yeah I think I would, however if money was tight, I don't think it would be the top of my repurchase priority. The cost is the biggest concern for me, however compared to other primers like Benefit POREfessional or Smashbox photo finish primer, it is one of the cheaper options.
 
Post again on Friday! Bye for now...





 

No comments