Monthly Favourites | May 2015


I've been loving the month of May. It's seems to have passed really quickly but I've tried a load of new things, beauty and lifestyle related, so today's favourites feature mainly new discoveries.

Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub
Available at Boots for £8

I'll start with the Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub. It's absolutely lovely, smells fantastic, and leaves my skin feeling so soft. I've been using it once or twice a week, and I'm beginning to see a real difference in my skin. I'd really recommend it, I haven't tried anything like it before. It's very thick, very sugary, so has quite an intense scrub to it. To be honest the entire S&G brand could be a favourite because I'm loving them at the minute - I'm just reaching for so many of their products. I did a post on Soap and Glory earlier on in the month as well so check that out.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude Foundation. Available from Boots for £7.99
Next up, I'm loving the Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude at the moment. I picked this up by complete chance when I went into Boots and they'd sold out of my shade of the Match Perfection Foundation. It's a light to medium coverage foundation which is exactly what I was looking for to replace my Match Perfection. Don't get me wrong, I love the Match Perfection and would byu it over and over again, but I think I'm beginning to prefer the Lasting Finish Nude. I think it's really easy to build and lightweight, and gives a slightly sheerer coverage, and I think looks a slightly better colour match for my skin. Just a good every day foundation.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Concealer. Available from Boots for £5.49
To go alongside this foundation I've been using the Rimmel Lasting Finish Concealer. This is a fairly new launch from Rimmel and considering they created the infamous Wake Me Up concealer I had high hopes for this one. It's great - but not what I was expecting. I bought it to cover up my spots and I gave it a go but I felt like although it covered them, it did settle throughout the day and made my skin quite dry. So I gave it a go at covering up my under eye circles and it works a treat! It claims to have up to 25 hours staying power and although I've never worn it for that long, it does really last and keeps them covered all day without creasing or going cakey!


Moving on from beauty now and to something I am becoming a little bit addicted to. This month I've taken up running and will be doing a charity run for the stroke association in August. This months favourite though isn't running itself but it's the 'Fit and Well' magazine. It's £1.99 and such good value for money. So many food, and fitness magazines are around the £5 mark and I don't think affordable to buy on a regular basis. This is a monthly magazine and is packed full of interesting things, I read every single page. There's workout advice, fitness clothing, healthy recipies, advice about snacking....a load of good stuff! I've bought every issue this year and I've really got into reading it.




Finally is an App - I think this is the first App I've ever featured in a monthly favourites. It's called VSCO Cam and it's a photo editor. I discovered it when I watched this video by Sammi at BeautyCrush. I'd been wanting to improve the look of my Instagram for a while and put more effort into it but I couldn't find any app I could get on with (I have about twenty different photo editing apps on my phone - oops!) but this one solved all my problems. I sometimes use it alongside Photo Editor Pro (both of these are free!) and I am loving the results. It takes more time than using one of the Instagram filters because you have to go between different apps but who cares because my pictures are looking really nice!


That's it for this months favourites! Love it when I discover new products! Anyone tried the foundation and concealer? What do you think? Also, what are your go to photo editing apps - you can never have to many, right?


P.S Tuesday's post will be a more in depth review of The Lasting Finish products I talked about today, so come back and check that out then.

2 comments