Blogmas Day 1 | 25 things I love about Christmas

I've decided to do blogmas (blogging everyday till Christmas)...I have no idea whether this is going to be fun, stressful or just the worst decision I've ever made. But here is day 1:

Christmas is definitely one of my favourite times of year and as soon as December hits I'm a very festive person. Here are 25 things I love about Christmas:

1) Watching Christmas movies - especially Love Actually (something I watch all year round but it's so much better at Christmas)

2) Eating far too much food and not feeling guilty - whatever I eat I just say 'oh well, It's Christmas!'

3) Wrapping up in a blanket and sitting by the fire - an advantage to winter...especially if it snows!

4) Having lots of Family Time - my family are all so busy we don't get together as often as we'd like throughout the year so Christmas is just made even more special because of this.

5) Buying gifts for others - I love watching people open the presents I've given them.

6) Wrapping presents - I'm one of those annoying people who goes crazy for ribbon and bows and a whole heap of prettiness on the top of the present...

7) Choosing an outfit for Christmas Day - a yearly traumatic saga for me but something that is just part of my Christmas routine. I choose what I'll wear the day before, change my mind on Christmas Morning, then possibly change my mind again at some point during the day....I'm useless!

8) Chocolate. - No more needs to be said about this one!

9) Smiling - everyone is happy at Christmas, how can you not be? It's Christmas!

10) Leaving a mince pie out for Santa - Yes, I am 18, and yes, I do know Santa doesn't leave my presents, and yes, I do know my Dad eats the mince pie, but I owe it too the 5 year old me to carry on with this tradition

11) Receiving cards from people you never hear from - they always say 'We must catch up soon'...basically means we'll speak to you next Christmas!

12) Christmas hats - extremely uncomfortable but it's Christmas so we wear them anyway!

13) Taking pictures - my dad takes 100's and by the end of the day everyone is walking away from him because they're fed up of pictures, but I love looking back on them a few years later!

14) Baking Christmas treats - Christmas Cake, Mince Pies, Chocolate Truffles...I'd bake something everyday if I could, it tastes so much better when it's homemade!

15) The Stress of Christmas Shopping - Something I should hate but actually enjoy...it adds to the excitement

16) Christmas Dinner - the most iconic meal of all time.

17) Making the house all Christmassy - I love decorating the tree and have so many happy memories of doing this when I was really little. I hate it when everything gets put back into their boxes after Christmas and the house looks really empty!

18) Advent Calendars - the only time of the year I don't feel guilty having Chocolate for breakfast everyday for 24 days!

19) The early morning on Christmas day - I think I probably tried getting up at about 4:30am when I was little asking 'Has Santa been?'

20) Christmas lights at the shopping centre - makes Christmas shopping even more special

21) Christmas Markets - I love buying things at these places as little Christmas gifts, or just a little treat! Oh...and the food stalls are always amazing!

22) Eating Mince Pies - something I would do all year round if it was acceptable. Are mince pies sold all year?

23) The Christmas Adverts on TV - I always love the John Lewis Adverts and this year the Sainsbury's advert bring me to tears each time!

24) Christmas Crackers - I've never got anything useful but they're a fun tradition

25) Listening to Christmas songs - possibly one of the best things about Christmas!

So that's it, 25 things I love about Christmas - there's a lot more but I didn't want to go on for too long! And my first Blogmas post done, from my first ever blogmas!

Back again tomorrow,

Love, Hannah x

No comments